We aim to be a leading employer and work to the ACAS Model Workplace. We are a member of the Greater Manchester Good Employment Charter.
We are an accredited Living Wage Employer. No post is paid below the real Living Wage and there is a maximum ratio of five between the whole-time equivalent salaries of the highest and lowest paid employees. We hold Disability Confident Leader status from the Department of Work and Pensions. We have a Healthy Workplace Award from Simplyhealth for our commitment to the health and well-being of our people.
Our standard terms and conditions are:
- Pay on a five-point scale, linked to local authority NJC pay scales. Moves up the pay scale take place annually on 1 April, once a person has been in post for at least 12 months.
- Normal full-time hours of work are 35 hours per week
- Annual leave is 5.6 working weeks (pro rata for part-time hours), in addition to paid public holidays. There is an additional 0.4 working week’s leave per year after two years’ continuous employment, and a further 0.6 working week’s leave after five years of continuous employment.
- In addition, you are entitled to one day of additional leave (pro rata), to be known as a ‘Wellbeing Day’. This can be taken either as a whole day, or as separate hours up to a maximum of 7 in any leave year, within the normal annual leave taking procedure.
- A Group Personal Pension Scheme, into which all employees are automatically enrolled on starting their employment. Unless you then opt out, the Society’s contribution is the equivalent of 8.5% of total earnings and the employee contribution a minimum of 3.0%. An employee can increase their contribution, if they wish. Salary sacrifice is also available, to enhance the pension.
- There is no normal retirement age.
Other benefits of employment with Unlimited Potential include:
- Every person is eligible to be a Supporter (member) of our community benefit society, with voting rights at annual meetings and elections.
- A recognised trade union in Unison – we actively encourage all employees to become and remain trade union members.
- Learning and Development, through a personal development plan, supported by a learning and development allocation for each person equivalent to 3.4% of salary.
- Sabbatical Leave - If you have at least two years’ continuous service, you are eligible for one period of sabbatical leave. This is for personal development opportunities to help you to fulfil your personal development plan.
- Life assurance – we have a Group Life Assurance Scheme that covers all employees, at no cost to them.
- Employee assistance programme – providing every employee, their household member and dependants with a fully confidential help, information and advice service.
- Health cash plan – offering money back on everyday health care bills, up to specified annual limits.
- Tax-Free Childcare - A government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare.