We are an accredited Living Wage Employer and a Living Hours Employer. Every post is paid at least the real Living Wage and there is a maximum ratio of five between the whole-time equivalent salaries of the highest and lowest paid employees. We hold Disability Confident Leader status from the Department of Work and Pensions. We have a Healthy Workplace Award from Simplyhealth for our commitment to the health and well-being of our people.
Our standard terms and conditions are:
- Pay on a five-point scale, linked to local authority NJC pay scales. Moves up the pay scale take place annually on 1 April, once a person has been in post for at least 12 months.
- Normal full-time hours of work are 35 hours per week, plus an unpaid rest break of a minimum of 30 minutes within each working day.
- Annual leave is 5.6 working weeks (pro rata for part-time hours), in addition to paid public holidays. There is an additional 0.4 working weeks’ leave per year after two years of continuous employment, and a further 0.6 working weeks’ leave after five years of continuous employment.
- In addition, you are entitled to one day of additional leave (pro rata), known as a ‘Wellbeing Day’. This can be taken either as a whole day, or as separate hours up to a maximum of 7 in any leave year, within the normal annual leave taking procedure.
- A Group Personal Pension Scheme, into which all employees are automatically enrolled on starting their employment. Unless you then opt out, the Society’s contribution is the equivalent of 8.5% of total earnings and the employee contribution a minimum of 3.0%. An employee can increase their contribution, if they wish. Salary sacrifice is also available, to enhance the pension.
- There is no normal retirement age.
Other benefits of employment with Unlimited Potential include:
- Every person is eligible to be a Supporter (member) of our community benefit society, with voting rights at annual meetings and elections.
- A recognised trade union in UNISON – we actively encourage all employees to become and remain trade union members.
- Learning and development, through a personal development plan, supported by a learning and development allocation for each person equivalent to 3.4% of salary.
- Sabbatical Leave - if you have at least two years’ continuous service, you are eligible for one period of sabbatical leave. This is for personal development opportunities to help you to fulfil your personal development plan.
- Life assurance – we have a Group Life Assurance Scheme for all employees up to 65 years of age, at no cost to them.
- Employee assistance programme – providing a fully confidential help, information and advice service, as well as structured counselling.
- Health plan – a one-stop shop for physical and mental well-being, health care, and practical problems (such as legal or financial advice), including money back on everyday health care bills.
- Access to mental health and well-being advice, guidance and support.
- Tax-Free Childcare - a government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare.